Thursday, April 8, 2010

Fisher Price Chick Basket Cart

One of the smallest and cutest of the Easter Carts made by Fisher Price is the Chick Basket from 1957. Only 6 1/2 inches long, the lithoed wooden pull toy features a yellow and blue paint scheme with a sweet little chick sporting her Sunday best. These carts originally had either a fibre board container or a straw basket attached to the back. Easily damaged or lost, they are usually missing when this toy is found. Mine has a vintage replacement basket that color coordinates nicely.

4 comments:

  1. Tracy...LOVE your Blog!!! Hey...I have a very old vintage fortune telling game I can not find any info on. It's a small green box with a crystal ball with numbers and a piece of paper with the fortunes.
    Thanks for your help!
    Bugs & Hisses
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patty,

    Thanks for the compliment!
    I think I've seen the fortune telling game you're describing: are they tiny little numbers, all over the ball? I'll look through my books and things over the weekend and see what I can find for you.

    -Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patty,

    Well, I've not been able to find it yet, but I KNOW I've seen those around! Back when I started collecting old fortune telling stuff, I used to see them all the time...now, unfortunately, not so much...
    Anyway, the earliest ones I saw dated to the 1920s, and they seemed to be made up to the early 40s. Basically you roll the crystal ball, and the number that faces up is the number you look up on the sheet or accompanying booklet to find out what the corresponding fortune is. I hope that helps, sorry I couldn't find more info. for you!

    ReplyDelete