Friday, July 29, 2011

1966 Troll Log House

There were many vinyl and plastic houses made for trolls during the height of their popularity in the mid-1960s. One of the rarest and most charming was this small log residence, just 6 inches long, made by Mattel in 1966. It features a clear front window, vacuum-formed interior, and loads of printed detail.

Front of the Troll House.

Back of the Troll House. 


The cozy interior has a molded stump table and chair and 
printed bed, nightstand, shelf, and candleholder.



A vintage troll still lived in the log house when I found it:








Printed trolls peek out the windows on either end of the log.


Shhh...this one is sleeping...

4 comments:

  1. Very cool, where did you find it?

    - Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. On eBay.

    (I was going to say, "under a bridge," but I wasn't sure everyone would get the 3 Billy Goats Gruff troll reference...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to free that lonely troll in there again. Just don't feed or water him after midnight. Their cousins to gremlins, species wise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I think 40 years trapped in a plastic log must have been most unpleasant!



    "Gremlins" scared the crap out of me, I confess. That's one movie I wish I could unsee.

    ReplyDelete