Thursday, March 18, 2010

What Did We Do With Our Tax Refund?

Bought:      * an original 1963 Easy Bake Oven
                       in stunning turquoise plastic,
                       with its box & accessories

                   * a huge set of 1930s Strombecker dollhouse furniture

                   * a rare 1960s troll doll

                   * a bunch of 1930s - 40s radio premiums
                      (toy rings and badges from shows like  
                       The Lone Ranger and Captain Midnight)

                   * a prize badge for the winner of the 1914
                      Galveston, Texas, annual Oyster-Eating Contest
                      (it was Bob Frey, and he ate 928!)

                   * a bag full of vintage celluloid dice

                   * a new book about the history of garden gnomes

I've done my part to stimulate the economy... 
           

2 comments:

  1. I was going to say something about saving for retirement, but by the time you retire, that easy bake oven (not to mention the oyster-eating prize) will be worth a mint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way things are going economically in my state, I'm thinking if I even GET to retire, probably all I'll be able to afford to eat will be things small enough to cook in the Easy Bake Oven!

    ReplyDelete