Sunday, December 28, 2014

What Did Santa Bring?

This year, Santa brought an assortment of toys from the 1890s-1900s, including:


-an unusual, beautifully lithographed, folding dollhouse room box with its original furniture, made in Germany

-two early American tin pull toys

-Bradley's Toy Town Post Office playset

-two miniature tin toy kitchens

-two lithographed tabletop games


Also under the tree were a miniature tin toy grocery shop, the Corner Grocer, made by Wolverine in the 1930s, and a bunch of old Halloween decorations from the 1920s - 40s.


Pics coming soon (except the Halloween, which I'll save until next October, of course!)


What did Santa bring you? Tell us in the comments!


3 comments:

  1. Wow Tracy..you certainly were on Santa's good list. Cannot wait to see pics. I got an Ott lamp that I have been wanting badly..not an antique, but will help me in working on my crafts at night. Happy New Year! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!
    Tracy, I'm Santa Claus (in Russian his name is Grandfather Frost) has brought a lot of old and new teddy bears. But the most important gift a very rare antique (pre-revolutionary) Russian doll.
    Happy New Year! I wish you happiness and increase your wonderful collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the miniature tin grocery shop. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete