Monday, September 6, 2010

Miniature Pressed Tin Tea Set

Although I don't like tea, I am strangely obsessed with tiny tea sets. Children's, doll's, or dollhouse sized, I collect them all. My latest find was this pressed tin set, made as a doll accessory in the late 1800s/early 1900s, probably in England. The tray is 4 3/4 inches long, the teapot is 2 1/2 inches tall, and the cups are an inch in diameter, not counting the handles. These pictures really don't do it justice; it's an incredibly beautiful, fragile little thing.


Below, my 10 inch German bisque doll has added it to her china cupboard (made long ago from an antique clock case):

4 comments:

  1. I have to admit - I really like miniature tea sets and food items too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's such a cute little thing! How old is this now? It's hard to find something like that, and many of them are usually marred or have missing parts. But these seem intact and preserved. I think you can make a money if you tried to sell it to antique collectors.

    Lorita @Manchester Coin & Jewelry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      I'm guessing it's 1880s -90s. I love it too much to consider selling it right now, but I agree with you: I think its a great little set!

      Delete