Saturday, September 25, 2010

Mushroom Dollhouse

The largest piece in my collection of mushroom homes is this, a wooden mushroom dollhouse. It stands about 14 inches tall and was probably made in Germany. I found it years ago on display in a dollhouse shop, and I've never seen another quite like it.

 The house has open sides and two floors, which I've loaded up with a tiny gnome family and their furniture.

Downstairs is the kitchen and dining area:

In the dining room, supper has been laid out on the mushroom table:

In the kitchen, mom gnome has just taken a cake out of the oven:

Upstairs, a brother and sister gnome hang out. They've got mushroom and leaf furniture, snacks, and a cozy fireplace:

My favorite part of the house is the fireplace corner, with its leaf sofa:

It's windy and cold here today; wish I could sit by this fire with the gnomies!


  1. So colourful, and obviously a busy ittle family and quite happy with their lot in gnome life.

  2. I found your blog by doing a google search for mushroom dollhouse.

    The one you have is here:

    I wanted to know if the mushroom furniture fit and I'm so glad to see it does from your photos!
    I do wish I knew the manufacturer. Super cute!

  3. That's amazing: I shop at Magic Cabin all the time, and they've never had that mushroom house before. It appears it was just added to their line. I wonder where they got it, too! But yes, the mushroom furniture fits beautifully. Enjoy your house!

  4. Hi,
    I just got the mushroom dollhouse from Magic Cabin.
    Where would I get mushroom furniture similar to the gnome family's.


  5. Hi,

    The mushroom furniture is available on under Toys, search for mushroom dollhouse, or Fairy Forest furniture. The company is called Enchantmints. It was also available at a wonderful online toy shop:

  6. Hi Tracy,

    Thank you so much for the recommendations. I got some of the furniture from Enchantmints and it is perfect.
    Thanks once again.

  7. Hi Rose,

    Glad to be of help! Enjoy your dollhouse!