Saturday, September 25, 2010

Mushroom Dollhouse

The largest piece in my collection of mushroom homes is this, a wooden mushroom dollhouse. It stands about 14 inches tall and was probably made in Germany. I found it years ago on display in a dollhouse shop, and I've never seen another quite like it.


 The house has open sides and two floors, which I've loaded up with a tiny gnome family and their furniture.

Downstairs is the kitchen and dining area:


In the dining room, supper has been laid out on the mushroom table:


In the kitchen, mom gnome has just taken a cake out of the oven:


Upstairs, a brother and sister gnome hang out. They've got mushroom and leaf furniture, snacks, and a cozy fireplace:


My favorite part of the house is the fireplace corner, with its leaf sofa:


It's windy and cold here today; wish I could sit by this fire with the gnomies!

7 comments:

  1. So colourful, and obviously a busy ittle family and quite happy with their lot in gnome life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog by doing a google search for mushroom dollhouse.

    The one you have is here:
    http://www.magiccabin.com/product.asp?section_id=0&department=0&search_type=normal&search_value=mushroom&cur_index=2&pcode=2416

    I wanted to know if the mushroom furniture fit and I'm so glad to see it does from your photos!
    I do wish I knew the manufacturer. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing: I shop at Magic Cabin all the time, and they've never had that mushroom house before. It appears it was just added to their line. I wonder where they got it, too! But yes, the mushroom furniture fits beautifully. Enjoy your house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I just got the mushroom dollhouse from Magic Cabin.
    Where would I get mushroom furniture similar to the gnome family's.

    Thanks,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    The mushroom furniture is available on amazon.com: under Toys, search for mushroom dollhouse, or Fairy Forest furniture. The company is called Enchantmints. It was also available at a wonderful online toy shop: www.blueberryforest.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tracy,

    Thank you so much for the recommendations. I got some of the furniture from Enchantmints and it is perfect.
    Thanks once again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rose,

    Glad to be of help! Enjoy your dollhouse!

    ReplyDelete