Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Antique Dollhouse Doll and Friend

A recent find was this little German all-bisque dollhouse doll, circa the 1890s-early 1900s. Just 4 1/4 inches tall, she has an unruly blond mohair wig and one tiny eye slightly offset, which gives her a quirky charm. I think she looks like a Victorian child who's gotten away from her nanny, escaped the nursery, and been running wild through the house, throwing temper tantrums all the way.


Here she is with her new best friend, a 1920s Schuco miniature bear. Hopefully he can convince her to tidy up her hair and sit down quietly for a nice cup of tea:

7 comments:

  1. Oh my! She look so mean! What a nasty little girl she must be! The bear has that look on his face..."the look of terror"!
    Hahahahaha!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, she is fascinating, but I half expect her to come to life at a night in a not very pleasant way. I'd hate to wake up and have her standing on my chest with her eyes gleaming red. Just saying. You can see that the bear is terrified.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh boy, that little doll looks like trouble with a capital T! what a character!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!Don't you think she looks a lot like the Bleuette doll?
    She does seem to be winding down from a tantrum.Time for nap-maybe that's why the bear has come over -as a lure back to the nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, she didn't look potentially terrifying to me until I read all your observations, but now, on second thought, I'm completely freaked out. And what have I done to my poor little Schuco bear, having him shack up with her?! Will he ever forgive me for the horror I've put him through?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We'd all get a bit irritable I think if we were looking in both directions at once - she's severely challenged with those crossed eyes! Probably relying on little teddy as her guide "dog" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, that's her: my Wonky-Eyed Girl with her Seeing Eye Bear!

    ReplyDelete