Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Vintage Valentine: Chalkboard Boy

Some of the "Other Stuff" I collect, besides toys, is vintage valentines. The variety of valentines produced over the past 200 years is incredible; I'm always surprised at what I find. For the next seven days, I'll share some of my latest discoveries.

First up: this mechanical card, circa the 1940s, which features a die cut "chalk board" window. As the wheel on the right is turned, the boy's arm moves across the window, appearing to write the words "I love you" on the board. Cleverly constructed, it's an ingenious little card.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you! You have the best postcards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this beauty! We have some Victorian pop up ones in the store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh! I will have to stop by and take a look!

    ReplyDelete