Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fisher Price Wooden Pull Toys Display Case


I originally began collecting Fisher Price with the intention of replacing the long-lost classic Play Family/Little People playsets of my 1970s childhood. But, as so often happens with toy collecting, one thing led to another, and before I knew it I had accumulated a whole display case full of Fisher Price's wonderful lithographed wooden pull toys, some dating back to the company's founding in the early 1930s. How different these beautiful toys are from the plastic, battery-powered, noisy, flashy products Fisher Price currently imports from China...

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to drop a note saying: What a wonderful display case!!!
    (Great content on the blog, btw...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I wish I had been able to take a better picture of it.
    I got the case from an antique store that was going out of business. It was made by a cabinet maker in Saginaw, Michigan, around the turn of the last century.

    ReplyDelete