Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Old Photographs: Children With Toys

I'm always on the lookout for old photos of children with toys. They make nice accessory pieces to a toy collection, plus they're just interesting items in their own right. I usually set up a display of several at Christmas time. Here are a few of my favorites. (Click on the pictures to see them in more detail.)


This first picture is of my friend Ron, who can be seen here in about 1939 - 1940 driving his pedal car down a street in his Detroit neighborhood.


I don't know who this little girl is, but I love her bobbed haircut, funky boots, and stuffed doggie. Circa the 1920s.


This last picture is considerably older, probably around 1900. Two sisters in fancy dresses posed for a studio portrait, with another stuffed dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment